Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Still in ICU

Just a quick update...Rob is going to remain in the ICU for another day...he is in some amount of pain. . . and has grown very fond of the 2:1 ratio (patient:nurse). The doctor suggested to stay in the ICU as long as he can because when he leaves he is "pretty much on his own". So we are getting as much one on one care as possible. Due to the fact that he is in the ICU the visitors are limited and rare. Like I stated before we will be accepting much more visitors at our house. Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated. I read each and every comment to him and he loves to listen. I spent the night there last night and will today and well lets just say it was...um...um...comfy?! Our love to you all.
Keagan

10 comments:

  1. Hopefully they are giving him some good drugs! I sooo missed him today for our workout! Bummer I had to sleep in! You both are in our thoughts and prayers. Lots of hugs!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great news! Take your time getting home, let those nurses do all the work. The 50's were awful today, I feel your pain. Keagan, please let me know if I can do anything to help.

    Keep up the good work and get better soon.

    PS. Matt is getting mean, I think its the stop watch...

    ~Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the update Keagan. We are so happy the surgery went well. We look forward to Robert being out of ICU and back at Arden after some deserved rest and relaxation. ~Many Blessings~ Tim, Summer and Aundrea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey pal,
    I'm so sorry that you're in pain, but glad to hear that your getting plenty of TLC from the nurses and Keagan. Sending you lots of love and good thoughts for a speedy recovery!
    Court

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Robert,
    I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well. I'm very sorry to hear that you are in pain. You are still in my prayers and I look forward to seeing you when you get out of the ICU. I've got a present for you and Keagan from Hawaii. Enjoy the attention from the nurses and your wife. I will see you both soon. Get well!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  6. Robert and Keagan,

    Just wanted to let you know that we have been thinking of you and are really happy the surgery is behind you. Elizabeth is fired up and ready to bake you some get well cookies. We look forward to visiting you when you are able. I think that when you get discharged from the ICU you need to yell out "This is Sparta!!!" to prove you are stong enough to make in on your own.

    Get well and many happy Burpies,

    Bob and Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are thinking of you constantly and hoping for an uneventful recovery. Rachel got you some reading material, the only kinds of things I could understand when I was on a morphine drip after breaking my back. We’ll visit and deliver it when the coast clears and you are able to receive visitors. In the meantime, get better and be nice to the nurses so they’ll take great care of you. We miss you at AH! Mark, Emily, Rachel, and Danny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi you two crazy kids, so glad to hear you came through surgery all right Rob and are on the road to full recovery.
    It's great that they are letting you stay in ICU as long as possible.
    Hang in there you two! You are both so strong and you'll be back to your normal self soon Rob. Just in time to play with a puppy, no doubt at all about that.
    I love you both, am doing the thoughts and prayers all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Robert and Keagan,

    Been thinking of you both a lot lately. Glad the surgery is over and was a success! Rob, don't be a tough guy - take full advantage of the ICU . . . those nurses ROCK! The drugs aren't bad either. ;) Hospital stays are never fun but going home too early can be hard on both the patient and caregiver so drag it out as long as you can for both your sake. Holler when you're ready for visitors and to have the fridge stocked with some home cooked meals.

    ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad to hear that our Robert is begin well taken care of in ICU. Really good care will help speed the recovery. AND, we need him back in action!!!!! Matt has really stepped up to the plate on toughness. Matt turned off the fans last night and I thought I was going to have heat stroke, jk! He said it was good to sweat, LOL. Matt is doing a great job but without my Robert workouts as well I might exceed the weight limit of my summer wardrobe. HA HA My prayers are with you both - Julie

    ReplyDelete