Thursday morning (yesterday) my buddy John and I are watching a movie when I hear the door bell ring. He says "are you expecting anyone?"
I said, "no"
I opened the door to see Dean and Suzy Jansen with a laundry basket full of presents for me. I was totally blown away! In my basket I found: Nerf footballs, jump rope, boxers, a luffa and soap, cereal boxes, snack, games, and a variety of other goodies. I kept saying out loud, "This is like Christmas!"
I just wanted to thank both of you for being so kind and thoughtful with this gift. I now have plenty of goodies and games to keep me occupied when I'm tired or board.
Later in the day Barb Johns brought over meat loaf, mashed potatoes, and salad. Man was it good! Thank you Barb for taking the long drive over to feed me.
Other news: I received my hospital bed yesterday. I was so excited to use it and finally get a good night sleep. I went to bed at 9:00 last night and woke up at midnight. As I tried to press the button to move me up so I could change positions the bed went dead. Nothing works on it. So now I'm stuck in this one position. I woke Keagan up and asked her to try and fix it. She unplugged it over and over again, checked every cord to make sure its plugged in, but nothing worked. Keagan had to literally pick me up off the bed so I could move around. I spent the rest of the night in my chair (not too great to sleep on). I plan of having a new one delivered to me later today.
I woke up early today and took a walk before the sun rose. Its so nice out at that time of the day. The air feels cleaner. I'm doing a lot of work on the lap top today, trying to stay busy, however I will have to take a few movie breaks.
I hope you are all doing well. Have a great weekend.
- Robert
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey there,
ReplyDeleteIt's time for you to come back! Please remember to keep that positive attitude of yours in full force. I love this blog! I had no idea how to access it! Keep on posting..it's fun to read! Hope you guys have a good weekend! give loves to Keagan for me.
Love,
Lisa