I know last night's blog came as a surprise to some of you but just to let you know he is doing quite well....back in the south wing of the hospital working those nurses to the bones...just kidding he is very appreciative. So we arrived at the ER last night around 7 and finally got the chest tube in at 3:10 am this morning, then got to our room and asleep around 4:45 am, I got 3 beautiful hours of sleep before i awoke to start the grind all over. He was very tough and once looped up (they did a conscious sedation) had very funny things to say. Examples: one of the first comments was about Rambo and maybe like he felt like him cause he could feel what was going on. Then something about nothing and lot like that to follow (slurring is hard to understand) Then when they were starting and he could feel it he asked politely to "please excuse me if I curse" then let out a loud F*** me and some shits. That was followed (once done) with some thank yous and you did a great job...was I tough, I'm strong...everst...alpine assent...Do you know Frank Slackman? I trained him for that...he climbed Everest....he is my hero...we second to my wife. She is pretty and thin, i usually get the big girls (there was a "big" girl in the room, awkward!) ad things started to calm down from there...As you can see we all got a preview of a really drunk Ron and so we know he has this man crush on Frank and thinks he is Rambo. But still polite!
He is in good spirits and just laughs now, of course this cant be easy, he never half asses anything. We are frustrated at being in the hospital more and more, but it is becoming cozy. Thank you for all you thought, prayers, and love. We love reading comments it brightens his day so please keep them coming. I feel like I have provided you with an accurate occurrence of this morning events and with that several options for funny comments.
Love to you all.
Keagan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We will have to get Rob drunk to see that side of him again. He sounds very funny! I am glad he is there and they are taking care of him. I think he did this because i was going to call him today and ask if i could spend some time with him tomorrow. What a man will do not to spend time with his mother-in-law!!! i still love you anyway! J9
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness! You guys must feel like you're on an unending roller coaster. Glad you're in a safe place being well cared for. Let me know if there's anything I can do.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you,
~M
Oh Keagen and Rob so sorry to hear about your set back, but,glad to see you still have your sense of humor. Don't lose that. We are praying and thinking good thoughts for you. Hang in there. Speedy recovery!
ReplyDeleteJerry and Leanne
ROB HAS BEEN MOVED TO 1012!
ReplyDelete