Thursday, July 30, 2009

Never Ending

We are glad to say that the drainage is slowing from his lung, however (you know there is always an however or a but) he does have a small hole in the lung and the doc thinks that it is healing on its own. So he is now in room 1012 and is not allowed to walk for 48 hours as to let the lung heal. To top off the week, i found out I have a possible torn meniscus and have to do physical therapy to see if it gets better, if not surgery for me, then driving home from a long night at the hospital I was talking to my friend Bre on how rejuvenated I felt and things are looking up (on speaker I ad) and got pulled over and issued a ticket for talking on a cellular device. So looks like we are not allowed to get feeling too good, someone is trying to keep us down...bastards! But I am just looking at it like he was going to get layed off if he didn't make his ticket quota and I was the last one, so I saved a cops job today! Thank you for all the support and love. Love to you all, sorry for the typos last time I was running on 3 hours of sleep and well I'm used to more.
Keagan
p.s don't talk on your cell phone and drive!

5 comments:

  1. Aww Keagan I'm sorry to hear that. They had mentioned something on the radio about a new no tolerance thing on certain freeways for talking on the cell. It's not pleasant. I hope the therapy helps with the meniscus. If it's only a partial tear then it should help, however if it's a complete tear you're gonna need surgery. You guys are still in my prayers and I wish you the best. I miss seeing you guys and will be visiting as soon as Rob's book arrives. See you both soon!

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shoot! I did not read the blog for a couple days and look what happens! I am just so sorry about this set back. I am also sorry to hear about Keagen's Knee! I guess the prays are going to double! Please call me if I can help you out in any way.
    Love to you both!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ps , I already figured out that you can't talk on the cell and drive and do you know that stop signs count? And it was on speaker. Go figure!
    HAHA
    Thinking of you both
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy Cow! I go on a small vacation then I get this info! Crap, I just can't trust you people. HA HA Totally just kidding! I am so f"ing sorry for this news. I understand about pushing limits, I'm great at that, so I know how it can be to land you on your ass. Here's the silver lining...what you have learned is worth more than you can ever believe. Breathe in that knowledge and make it yours. The universe just gave you a great gift, a lesson in life. You may see that as folly but I can tell you differently. Much love to you both - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok I ran out of space before...really? HA I just have to say, Robert you are amazing and an inspiration for me. Please take the time you need to recover. Time is key to recovery and you can never get it back. I'm going to be a bit selfish here...I need you to recover because you helped me conquer my personal quest against MS. I wish to continue that fight. I understand you may have budgetary requirements...so I'm going to start by sending you a Raleys gift card for your groceries. My greatest hope is that all who read this contribute similarly in order to help you in your hour of need...pls reach out and tell your greatest fans how we can help. Afterall, you showed us those awful post surgery photos, so I think you can brave how we can help!

    ReplyDelete