Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mr.Pickles, Block Buster, and Yogurt Ville

Friday and Saturday have turned in to two very good days. My pain level is way down and I got the best night of sleep last night than I have had in the last two weeks. I ventured outside the house today taking a trip across the street to Mr. Pickles for lunch with my boss Scott and my wife Keagan. We had a very nice time eating out under the sun. It felt great to get out of the house and move around. After lunch Keagan and I went to Yogurt Ville for desert followed by Block buster so we could rent some movies ("He's just not that in to you" - is actually a pretty good movie).

Special thanks to Barb Johns for bringing me the biggest bag of home made beef jerky ever (Fantastic!), to Elizabeth Shults for bringing Keagan and I dinner and desert on Friday, Chris and Gen Shick for the beautiful fruit bouquet which we ate today as a mid afternoon snack, and to Kim Saca, Lesan Dorfler, and Julia Kelly for buying us pizza for dinner Friday night. Thank you all so much! Not having to prepare food has been a blessing.

On a more personal note, my incision has swelled up and began to blister due to a allergic reaction to the sterile strips they used to hold it together. I had to take the 35 minute drive back out to Kaiser Roseville to get some medicine to put on it. It feels much better now. My energy level is up, I've been taking longer walks and have removed my mid day nap from my schedule. For some reason when I bend forward I get this terrible pain in my chest. This is pretty much the only major pain I feel during movement (except for coughing - oh man does that hurt).

Sunday we are taking a trip to placerville to watch the NASCAR race and be away from the home for a little while. It makes me nervous riding in the car, but I need to get away for a couple hours. There are certain times of the day where I feel normal and feel like I could go back to work, then a half hour later after walking around the house I have to lay down because Im short of breath and getting dizzy. I'm ready to get back to my normal routine, but I know that its important for me to recover. Thank you again to everyone for their help. See you all soon.

Robert

3 comments:

  1. We were very happy to have you up to watch the race and have lunch and a walk. You look better every day we see you. I know it is frustrating to sit around and do what you think is nothing, but you are healing. Your body is working hard every minute to get you back to top notch. When every you need a luch buddy, Call Mike and he will come over. If you need someone to come down and be company, just call and i will be there. I appreciate reading about how you feel you are doing and about all of your great friends. You are truely blessed and we are blessed to hae you in our lives. Take care, Love, j9

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rob, all I can say is Jimmie.If that didn't make you feel better i don't know what will. Dean & Suzy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robert,
    So happy to hear you are having more good hours/days then not. Also, it is great you are resting better as that will not doubt help you feel better much faster. We have been gone for a week and leaving again 7/31 for a week so I am not much help with meals. Lots of love from the Diepo family. Take good care we think of you daily....Betty

    ReplyDelete