Monday, July 20, 2009

Home at Last

Hello Everyone, I'm finally home after being discharged today (Monday) at 3:00. Earlier today I took my first BM in six days, man did it feel good. Took me 45 minutes of tough negotiations, but I was the victor in the end. My six days stuck in bed and taking three 10 minute walks a day became very boring and repetitive. My body has literally began to shrink as I do not overload it with any weights. My left arm is very weak having had my left latisiumus dorsi cut. Any kind of pulling movement sends my side and back into spasm. I notice it slowly getting better every day as I try my best to use it.

The chest and back pain was more then I thought is was going to be. I'm consistently uncomfortable for now. I have some great drugs and am slowly getting better. Small things like pulling up my shorts after going to the bathroom, shaving, and washing my feet have become terrible difficult. I stay positive though, knowing that every day I get a little stronger. My original idea of returning to work on Sunday my have been unrealistic. I think I may need another week. I'm not sure though.

I hope you are all doing well and thank you again to all of you for the gifts, thoughts, prayers, calls, and text messages. Keagan is going to set up a little schedule due to a popular demand to want to bring me food. Please remember I have a very small desire to eat, so please don't bring too much. I can't tell you how grateful Keagan and I are with your offers to do so. I love you all and hope you will come to see me soon.

Late mornings seem to be when I'm at my best, so if you would like to come for a visit please come from 10 am to 2 pm (unless for dinner).

10738 Paiute Way
Rancho Cordova CA 905670

Funny story, Keagan and I decided to take a nap yesterday in the afternoon. I slid over in my tight little medical bed to make room for my wife. We both feel asleep snoring with our mouths open. Mark Kassenbrock and daughter Rachael came by to say hello. We woke up about 15 minutes after they left. Mark just let us sleep and left his gift on the chair telling me "you guys looked way to cute to wake you up." Thanks again Mark and Rach!

- Robert

2 comments:

  1. So gald you are home,I am sure you feel a lot better away from the hospital. Going back to work Sunday??? Remember our talk, please be so careful with that, don't pull an Alene. I will try to come by to see you when I am not working. Eat foods rich in iron, I am sure your HCT is down. Talk soon.

    Alene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keagan...I knew I should have gotten you the toilet plunger that you had on your wedding registery...might have come in handy after that 45 minute effort of Robs!!!

    ReplyDelete