Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Home and Walking

I got up today and took a long walk around the neighborhood (about 1 mile) that took me about 25 minutes. It felt good to get out of the house and move my body before it got too hot. I was blessed with visits from my best bud John Perry who came over and watched some movies with me, Steve Johns brought me a sandwich to snack on as I gave him the 5 minute crippled old man tour of the house prior to retreating back to my chair for comfort. Patrice and the girls from my 1o:00 Monday and Wednesday class brought me over a basket with goodies in it (my sister Amanda and Keagan cant stay away from the cookies! - I loved them, however my appetite is not permitting me to eat more). Just wanted to thank all of you for your efforts and visits (I love it). Jerry Cremins came over and spent at least 30 minutes working on fixing my Air Conditioner. Can't thank you enough for that Jerry.

I took a second walk around noon with John to keep my exercise up (about 1/2 mile) and I'll take another one tonight once its gets cooler. I had a bad moment today for about 2 hours where I got very depressed and upset at my situation. My negative nelly attitude was turned around by talking it out with my wife and sister. This is turning into much more of a challenge then I thought. I'm doing my best to stay positive and take each day as it comes.

My biggest discomfort is trying to sleep. I can't get comfortable! Sitting in the chair to sleep only last about 3 hours before I'm so stiff I can't move. Laying in bed is even worse. I'm going to try sleeping slightly propped up tonight on the futon. Its hard because of the cut and swelling around the entire left side of my body. If i lay on the left side it hurts very badly, if I lay on the other side the left side stretches and hurts just as much. So I'm stuck on my back for now.

I only tell all of you this so I can get it out and not tuck it away in my head. By no means do I expect any sympathy. I think the best way for me to deal with my emotions through this entire thing is to put it out there for all of you to read. You all know me pretty well and know that I communicate better being straight forward with people. Basically what I'm trying to say is that I'm not really going to hold anything back in these posts. I'll let you know when I'm having good days and when I'm having not so good days. I appreciate you all and thank you so much for everything!

- Robert

4 comments:

  1. TRY AND READ THE BOOK i GAVE YOU IF YOU HAVE NOT ALREADY. I THINK IT MIGHT HELP YOU. I KNOW HOW YOU FEEL, FELT DEPRESSED AND SORRY FOR MYSELF AT TIMES ALSO. IT REALLY HELPED TO GET OUT OF THE HOUSE AND TAKE WALKS, JUST LIKE YOU ARE DOING. I ENJOYED WATCHING LOTS OF MOVIES, THAT HELPED ALSO. ALL I CAN SAY IS, THAT EVERY DAY WILL GET A LITTLE BETTER. THINKING OF YOU.
    ALENE

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are home and walking about! Sorry to hear about the sleep, especially difficult in the heat I bet. Hang in there nephew-buddy!
    We are all sending you positive vibes man.
    Love, Aunt Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hang in there Robert, Tomorrow is another day. We miss you, Hope you sleep better tonight.
    Love Jerry and Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. lullaby and good night may yu sleep well tonight. da da da, da da da and i cannot remember the words. just be glad i didn't call and sing it to you!!!! J9

    ReplyDelete