Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Zephyr Cove Here We Come!

I went in for my check up today with my doctor and he said everything was looking really good with my scar. He took a look up my nose and down my throat with his camera to look at my nerve and my vocal cords. He confirmed that the never was replaced correctly, however it was not responding to the vocal cord. Currently, I have a raspy voice that fluctuates with certain movements. When I turn my head to the left my voice practically disappears. Straight ahead and to the right it works rather well. I can't raise my voice at all so yelling is out of the questions (Zephyr is very happy about that).

Long term, it may take up to a year to fully recover if it recovers at all. Its too hard to tell as of now how its going to respond. My voice sounds strong in the morning and the more I talk the worse it gets. I think I'm going to have to find an alternative form of communication during my strength & conditioning classes.

Personally I think the raspyness is rather sexy; I was thinking about starting a (900) call line to make a little money on the side! Keagan and I are both doing well and are very excited to get to Zephyr Cove tomorrow. Today was a most busy day I have had since surgery. I was out and about getting some things done today for about 3 hours and was totally spent when I got home. I think its going to take a little time for me to get my 10 hour work day endurance back, but I'm confident I'll get there soon.

Keagan and I got up early today and got a workout in. I walked 5 miles and felt great the entire time (no dizziness). I have one more week of not being able to lift any weights. I wish I could say I really miss it, but my back feels fantastic having gone 10 days now without any load on my spine other then carrying around a 6 pound Pomeranian named Aussie (we are dog sitting - really cute little guy).

I miss my routine and I'm ready to get back to work on Monday. I received my "return to work" clearance form today from my doc so we are all set to go. We are going to see some family this weekend in Tahoe, go on a small (very small) hike in Emerald Bay (where we got engaged), and possible spend some time on the beach (I have too many scars to lay out in the sun).

Thank you again to my "special client" who donated her condo to us for the weekend! Keagan and I appreciate it very much! We owe you one! Thank you to everyone who has written, texted, and stopped by. Your positive encouragement helps greatly. I'll see you all soon and thank you again!

Robert

2 comments:

  1. Have a GREAT time in Tahoe! It should be a beautiful weekend! Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful time! You both really deserve it! Just relax!!! I will see you Monday! Do you have any idea why AH was closed today? Way wierd!
    Miss you!
    Love
    Barb

    ReplyDelete