Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Good Day

Today was a good day. I woke up feeling great after a full night sleep. I was surprised that I was able to sleep as well as I did with the drain still in my throat. We woke up at 6 and I was ready for the day. I opened all the windows, got some juice, got Zephyr ready for a walk and off we went. My energy level was way up. I felt great as we finished our walk and got in the car to head to the hospital. 20 minute later...crash! I was down for the count. I could barley stay awake in the car. I got my drain taken out and we headed home.

Once home I took and hour nap and felt on top of the world again. I woke and took my first shower in four days. Man does it feel good to get clean. After my shower I was greeted by two visitors, my buddies Chris Kirkwood and Adam Attia. They guys stayed for about 15 minutes and shot the shit with me, it was really good to see them. Minutes after they left...crash again and took another hour nap (I'm beginning to see a pattern here).

Keagan and I watched "The great escape" (boring movie, but good) and had two more visitors Barb and Lindsay Johns. Barb brought me some of her world famous beef jerky! Fantastic as usual. We talked for a while with the girls and this time the crash came while they were here. Before I knew it I was down on the futon. Its odd how my energy just leaves in the matter of seconds.

Keagan and I watched another movie "Click" with Adam Sandler and then took the Zeph for a walk. Another crash and now I'm parked on the futon for the rest of the night watching the Blackhawks and the Flyers in the Stanley Cup.

All in all this is way better then my last surgery. I am fully functional and feeling normal other then just getting really tired quite often. I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend and I appreciate all the text, comments, and emails I have been receiving. Thank you all again and I'll talk to you soon.

Robert

1 comment:

  1. Finally i got onto the internet. We are in Klamath Falls and onour way to Crater lake today. I have meds and am ready for a tough driving day. We are glad to hear of your recovery path and hope the blasts of energy get longer with each day. Love you and we will talk soon. Mike and Janine

    ReplyDelete