Monday June 7th is right around the corner and I have all of my test, forms, and scans completed. I have one more appointment with my doctor on Friday and then we are ready to roll. I'm going to have a very large pizza on Sunday night with my wife for my "last meal" prior to surgery. I'm not allowed to eat anything after midnight and I may not have surgery until late in the day. Not cool if you ask me, I hope I'm the first one at 5:00AM.
Many of you know my personality and know that I have no problem saying exactly what is on my mind. That is how I'm going to be with my posts. I'll put one up every day letting you all know how I'm feeling. As was the case with my last surgery this blog became a form of therapy for me. I will vent, I will complain, and I hope none of you will mind. To be honest I'm looking forward to having a few days off and to myself. I have many books to read, workout programs to write, and some home work to do (continued education) as well as many movies to watch. I'm not one for asking for gifts, but I have seen all my movies a million times so if you know a good one to watch I want to hear about it.
I have not felt 100% now for almost a year. I have moments where I feel great and then 10 minutes later my chest hurts, or I have a hot flush, or I feel sick. The nerves in my chest are very sensitive, even to the touch. Often when someone hugs me I have to bite my lip from them smacking me on my incision. I take some medication that helps a little, however I have recently discovered that if I'm still feeling this much pain almost one year later then it may be a chronic issue that I will permanently have to deal with. I hope this surgery fixes some of these issues. I am confident that it will.
I have a good group of doctors working with me, I have a wonderful support system at home with my wife and family, and I have a wonderful group of friends and co-workers supporting me with anything I need. I want to thank you all for that very much. I hope that some day I can repay you all for you kindness and effort to help me and my family during some trying times.
I look forward to reading your responses. Please don't hesitate to drop me a note or shoot me a text message. I'll talk to you all soon.
Robert
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Robert! Love the blog. I bet it is very cathartic for you, and it serves the purpose of updating us so you don't have to tell the same story a hundred times. I will be in Chicago when you go in for your procedure, but I will be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way. I am going to have pizza on Sunday too in honor of you and your plight. Enjoy it! I will cross my fingers for the early surgery so you don't starve! Good luck! ~Michele Coss
ReplyDeleteHeard that you and Mike are going to get a few holes of golf in today. Glad to hear it. I will be there on Mnoday whatever the time ( I hope it is early too)and am ready to do whatever you and Keagan need. My love to you and I know all is going to go well and you are going to be home reading and watching your movies. Just exactly what have you not seen????
ReplyDeleteYour mother and I are so proud of you and all that you have accomplished in life. I brag about you so much everyone thinks they know you personally. God is with you and all will be well with your surgery. Sounds like your surgeon has significant experience and cares for you like we all do. Call us before the surgery tomorrow morning again. We love you son, Love, Mom and Dad
ReplyDelete