Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Thank God I'm Home!







First let me say that Dr. Nima Pahlavan is fantastic and is the only reason that I had this surgery at Kaiser Morse. If it were up to me I would have been at Kaiser Roseville, but he felt more comfortable performing the surgery at Morse. He is extremely professional, organized, and efficient with everything that he did for me and I couldn't be happier with him. Thank you very much Nima!
As for the rest of the staff at that facility, with the exception of one nurse (Maggie) who prepared me for surgery, they were awful. They were rude, unorganized, ignorant, scattered, and flustered. They acted like my asking for pain medicine was an inconvenience. No one was on the same page, I had to explain what surgery I had to each nurse as they rotated in. It was a very uncomfortable stay for Keagan and myself and we are so glad to be home.
I put up some pictures of my scare and of Keagan and I. Keagan always makes me smile no matter where we are or what is happening. The surgery went a little longer then planned due to a mistake with my nerve. My thyroid was so large, bloody, and sticky that the nerve was unable to be sensed by the machine. They cut the nerve and had to stitch it back together. My voice is scratchy and weak, however it should get better in time. The drain is still filling up so I had a choice of either staying another night or coming home with the drain in. I'll go back tomorrow morning to have it removed.
I'll write more tomorrow about the whole experience. I'm so happy to be home and I'm ready to lay down and cuddle with my wife. Thank you all again for the love and support.
Robert

5 comments:

  1. We are so glad to hear you are home! Sorry about the drain. We hope it will come out tomorrow. Stay strong, take it easy, heal slowley and well. Lover you both, Janine and Mike, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Robert and Keegan!
    I'm glad you are home! I'm sorry you had such a negative experience with the staff! I MISSED your torture session this morning! Peace and healing thoughts. Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Robert,
    Glad to hear the surgery went well and that you are resting at home. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Hope to see you soon!
    Marianna & John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the update! Hope you are feeling OK, home is always a better place to be!!!! Nice detail on the photos.... :)
    Take care, you have lots of love and support!!!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had my thyroid surgery. I have to agree with you about Dr. Pahlavan, he's great!

    ReplyDelete