Alright, it is all done. I (keagan) finally got home about thirty minutes ago. It was a very long day. We checked in at 830 this morning. He was swooped up and taken back to pre-op around 9 am. I didn't see him again till about 315. The surgery went well but took extra long due to a minor mishap. The surgeon nicked the nerve on one side going to his voice box. The had to sew it back together, which took the extra time. They said that his nerve didn't run along the same path as the other and didn't set off the nerve alarm. But his voice it sounding better and getting stronger. The Dr says that it will heal over the next month but may be a little different. He sounds strong and I am hopeful that it will heal correctly. He is resting good in the hospital and assuming his calcium levels are good tomorrow he should be coming home in the morning! yeah!
I am very tired so I am hitting the hay, watching just the best movie ever" How to lose a guy in 10 days!
Thank you all for your support and prayers today.
Keagan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Let me know when you all get home and want the movies and jerky! We will always keep him in our prayers. Get a good night sleep!
ReplyDeletelove
Barb
Thanks for the update Keagan. Robert, let's hope you don't start to sound like Tom Waits (google him). Keep us posted, we're thinking of you both. Mark
ReplyDelete